When it comes to his Maxxis Razrs, South Australian off-roader adventurer Josh Pfeiffer’s a convert – saying they have “the tough and versatility” to take him and his family exploring everywhere from sandy beaches to remote Outback deserts.
Fitted to his 2016 Toyota Landcruiser 79 series Dual Cab (pre DPF model), Josh’s 315/75R16 Maxxis Razor MT’s are on 16 x 8 King black steel Sunraysia rims –zero offset on the front and -55 offset on the rear.
“4×4’ing in part of my personality – so having the right vehicle and tyres is really important to me. My Maxxis Razrs have proved time and again they are up to the challenge – they are rugged, long-wearing and perfect for so many on- and off-road conditions,” Josh says.
“We are spoilt for choice in South Australia with some amazing beach runs like Robe to Beachport, but also some incredible outback destinations such as the Flinders Ranges, Arkaroola and Bendleby Ranges. The Razrs go the distance every time whatever the surface, destination or mileage involved.”
Josh’s rig is super well-adapted for his 4×4’ing and camping whatever the destination (as you’ll see from the list below!) Some of the extensive mods and additions to his Toyota include:
- Old Man Emu 2” lift with heavy duty coils in the front, BP-51 remote res shocks
- 400kg constant load leafs in the rear with Nitro Charger Sport shocks and polyair airbags to assist when the canopy is on
- Outback Customs tray and canopy package with removable canopy
- Darche Panorama 2 roof top tent and Darche 270 Eclipse awning (plus wall kit), Bushman 85L upright fridge freezer and Redarc Redvision system running the canopy
- 100ah Revolution Lithium battery and Travel Buddy 12v oven in the canopy.
- 55L water tank under the tray with pressure pump and tap
- 2 x Lightforce HTX series 2 LED HID combo lights, 2 x 10” Lightforce LED light bars (pointing out to the edge of the road), 1 x 40” Lightforce Dual Row LED light bar on roof, 2 x Lightforce ROK20 Ultraflood LED lights on brush bars for rock lights
- 2 x Lightforce ROK40 Flood LED lights on custom swivel brackets mounted to side of front roof rack for camp lights and 2 x Lightforce ROK10 flush mount LED lights for reverse lights plus 1 x 30” Lightforce single row LED light bar on rear as additional light for reversing
- Dual Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform racks, one over the roof of the cab, one over the canopy
- 4 x Maxtrax Xtreme recovery boards
- Opposite Lock 63mm matte black bull bar, brush bars and side steps
- Dual Century 100Ah Dual Force batteries under the bonnet (one for cranking, one for auxiliary battery to run accessories in the cab)
- 11L Dometic Centre Console fridge/freezer and Cruiser Consoles centre console.
- Pioneer head unit with Hema maps, Alpine R series 6.5” splits in front door.
- Focal 8” sub with inbuilt amp
- Dual ARB compressor behind the rear seat
- Redarc dual battery plus EGT and boost pillar gauges
- Hema HN7 navigation system.
Josh has crossed the Simpson Desert and been to Fraser Island multiple times and now has his sights set on a trip to Cape York – with his Toyota and Razrs more than ready for this next adventure! Having had to cancel a recent plan to travel there due to COVID restrictions, it’s one of the first things he plans to do once the travel restrictions ease up.